What I think about Recycling

Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Its interesting to me sometimes, how often I see recycling bins right next to trash cans and yet if you look in the trash can you will see all sorts of recyclable materials. What is it with our society and recycling. According to RecyclingRevolution.com "We use over 80,000,000,000 aluminum soda cans every year." and "There is no limit to the amount of times an aluminum can be recycled." That's just aluminum cans! If every time we had a can of soda we recycled it instead o just throwing it away that's all the less aluminum that needs to be mined and thus one less can filling our land fills.

There are so many items in our every day life that can be recycled. Its astonishing, computers, textiles (in the form of good will, or even to make new clothes) glass of all sorts. I am as guilty as the next person when it comes to what should be recycled, however I would be the first person to tell you that if I am told about it I am more likely to try to remember it. If that makes sense.

Hmm there is more that I think, but I can't place it in words right now.


Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment